Last Modified: April 28th, 2022
When you use our services, you are trusting us with your information and digital memories. We take this as a big responsibility, and work hard to protect your information.
Although it is not a part of this policy, we encourage you to also read our Terms of Service.
1. What's in this policy?
This policy tells you:
- what information we might collect about you
- how we might use that information
- when we might use your details to contact you
- what information of yours we share with others
- your choices about the personal information you give us
2. Main definitions
The following terms are used throughout this policy, and other related PhotoVaultOne documentation:
"Personal information" means personally identifiable information about you. This includes information such as your name, your location and your email address.
"Library contents" means your photo and video content stored in our service, as downloaded from Google Photos.
"Your information" means collectively all of your information, both personal information and your library contents.
3. How do you protect my personal information?
PhotoVaultOne is built from ground up as a privacy-first service. We integrate data protection into our engineering, practices and procedures, and openly share details about our data protection architecture.
Where we store your information
During sign-up, we provide you with a choice of locations (countries) where your data will be stored. Your information is stored by us exclusively in this location.
Parts of your personal information are stored by 3rd parties (see section 7) in a location of their choice. We work only with companies where we are satisfied that their levels of security and data protection match ours.
4. What types of information you collect about me?
When you sign-up for PhotoVaultOne, you login using Google Sign-in. This provides us with the following personal information:
- Your name (firstname and lastname)
- Your email address
- Your profile picture
We separately also collect your country of residence during sign-up.
When you use our services, we collect anonymous information about how you use our services (like the pages you visit and how you native in our service)
We also collect information about each of the media files that we download and store:
- The name and description of the media file
- The date, type and size of the media file
5. How long do you keep my information?
Generally speaking, and unless we explicitly tell you otherwise, you can expect us to keep your information for as long as you are our customer.
If you delete your subscription with us, we will delete your information no later than 30 days from the time of the deletion of the subscription.
Note that we are required by law to keep our financial records (e.g any invoices we have issued to you) for a minimum of 6 years.
6. How do we use your personal information?
We have to have a valid reason to use your personal information. This is called the "lawful basis for processing".
We use your information:
- to deliver our services and to provide you with information about them
- to provide you with support, and deal with your requests, complaints and enquiries
- to contact you
7. When will you use my information to contact me?
There are a number of reasons why we may need to contact you, like:
- to inform you about changes to your subscription and payment status, such as when your subscription is about to expire
- to inform you about the result of actions you have taken with the service
- to send you your period service usage digest
- to inform you of material changes to our service features, terms and/or policies, such as this policy
- to answer you when you have contacted us
Some of this communication may include promotional material. We may for example make sure you are aware of any ongoing campaigns when your subscription is about to expire.
We will never contact you asking for your login information, password or other similiar sensitive information.
8. Will you contact me for marketing purposes?
We do not contact you only for marketing purposes, but may include marketing and promotional material in our other communication. See above (section 7) for the reasons why we do contact you.
9. When do you share my personal information with others?
We will never sell your personal information, or make it available for others without explicitly calling it our here in this policy.
There are currently two other companies with whom a small amount of your personal information is shared with for the purposes of providing our services:
1. Stripe is our payment and subscription services provider. When you signup for our service (either evaluation or paid subscription), we will provide your email address to Stripe so that they can provide subscription and payment services for you. Further, when you purchase a paid subscription with us, you will directly provide your payment details to Stripe. We will never receive this information.
2. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is our cloud service provider. We share on a transactional bases your email with AWS, so that we can deliver email messages to you.
10. Do you share my library contents with others?
No, strictly not. Your library contents are stored and processed only by us, in the location that you have chosen.
11. What rights do I have?
You are in control of your personal information and your library contents. You have the right to:
To ask us to correct information about you, or to delete it.
To change your mind, and ask us to stop using your information.
Request a copy of your information. You can request and a full catalog of the personal information we have collected about you, and metadata about your library contents. You are also able to request a copy of your library contents at any time by restoring the contents to your Google Photos library.
To excersize your rights, please login to our service console, and follow the support contact instructions.
There are no advertisement or other non-essential cookies currently implemented in our service.
13. How can I contact you about the contents of this policy?
If you are a customer, your can always reach out to our support.
You can also always reach out to us on any privacy matters at firstname.lastname@example.org